September Favorites | Ashley Riley

October 04, 2015

September Favorites


Looking back I cannot believe we are already into the month of October.  September flew by for me; it was my first full month of blogging, my sister was married the first weekend, the second weekend my boyfriend and I moved, and the rest of the month was spent setting up our new place.

Luckily, my favorites for the month of September were not hard to figure out.  I used these items all month long and the beauty products I've chosen have helped me transition from summer to fall.


 Carli Bybel Palette by BH Cosmetics


This has most definitely been my most favorite eye palette as of late, perhaps due in part to how impossible it was to obtain.  I was one of the lucky ones that continually refreshed the BH Cosmetics site for hours on end until finally reaching checkout with the palette on it's way to me.  It sold out so fast that a few hours and two wait lists later, they sold out of it a total of three times in less than 24 hours.  

Was it worth the wait?  Absolutely.  I have already done a complete review and makeup look featuring the palette, which you can check out here.  The colors are beautiful for creating those oh-so-desired fall makeup looks.

Stone High Voltage Lip Stick by NYX

Any shade of taupe, brown or burgundy lip shades are my favorite for Fall.  However, this lipstick by NYX is one of my absolute favorites because of it's versatility as a wearable every day color.  Let's be honest, a perfectly lined cranberry lip looks gorgeous, but it won't be the first thing you reach for when you're rushing out the door in the morning.  Stone is one of those colors that can lend some easy intensity and uniqueness to your go-to makeup look.

It is a perfectly beautiful fall color that will compliment both neutral and dark makeup looks.  I love it so much that I even featured it my Autumn Makeup Look post.

Morphe Brushes The Blushed Blush Palette

As we move further into fall weather we trade in the peachy pink blushes of summer for the dark mauves of fall.  This palette provides the perfect colors to transition between summer, fall and every other season.  With a total of nine blush pans, there are four warm weather shades and five cool weather shades.  Of course, you can wear any shade at any time of year, and these silky, highly pigmented shades provide a palette that you will keep going back to throughout the year.

Eylure Definition No. 126 Lashes

My initial draw to this specific pair of lashes was that it had the spikey look that I was searching for.  It provides a certain amount of edginess to any given makeup look.  I wouldn't wear these if I wanted to go for a natural, every day look, but regardless these are simply a gorgeous pair of lashes.  The lash band is thick so they are harder to apply than thinner lash bands and take some more maneuvering to fit them snugly, but the little bit of extra effort will absolutely pay off.  I've used this in a couple of my September blog posts, including my Smokey Emerald Green Makeup Look.

Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

Every month I would like to include a couple favorites that are not makeup or beauty related.  Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee was released in mid-July but my hectic schedule only allowed me to read and finish it in September.  

The novel was originally written by Harper Lee before she wrote To Kill A Mockingbird and is set when Scout (Jean Louise) is a young woman in her twenties and visiting home from New York City.  The novel is set during the 1960's Civil Rights Movement when there is heightened racial tension in the South.  There have been many, albeit justified, criticisms about this book, but it is nonetheless a book that everyone should read.  The disillusionment of Scout's father, Atticus, and his portrayal in Watchman as a racist and segregationist, is what has most people unable to reconcile with the reality of  what is written in this novel.  Whatever one feels about how Atticus is portrayed, the novel is still more than a worthwhile read and I highly recommend it.


Let Me Know!

What were some of your favorites last month?  List them in the comments so I can check them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment