December Loves and Favorites | Ashley Riley

January 05, 2016

December Loves and Favorites


December Beauty and Style Loves and Favorites

December was a crazy month!  Between all of the many events and activities surrounding the holidays the new year seems to have come up fast.  Despite this I never seem to lack in time finding and hoarding buying my favorite makeup, beauty and style products.

According to Sephora and Pantone Universe the colors of the year for 2016 are Rose Quartz, a powder pink, and Serenity, a pale sky blue.  2016 is already shaping up to be a very colorful year and I expect a lot of these light pastel and watercolor shades to be showcased all over social media within the next 12 months.

You might be wondering how in the hell an everyday look could possible involve a powder pink or sky blue lipstick color.  Shades like these have usually been reserved for makeup artists creating beauty looks for runway shows.  However, you would be surprised with the looks you can pull off, including some amazing ombre effects.  Tutorials, tips and more beauty advice to come!

Now, on to my December loves and favorites!


I feel a little late to the game on this one, but oh well!  I had been eyeing the Tartelette Palette by Tarte Cosmetics for a very, very long time.  It was only until Tarte released the sister palette, Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette, that I knew I had to get my hands on my original favorite.  I love matte shadows above all others, and this palette definitely gives me that fix.  It includes 12 eyeshadows with a range of warm nudes to deep browns and blacks.  All are liner, crease and lid shadow shades that make it easy to contour and highlight one of your face's best assets.  I cannot wait to try the In Bloom palette, which features a mix of matte and luster shadows.


All of December I was obsessed with mixing two shades of Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks: Bow 'N Arrow and Noble.  Bow 'N Arrow is a fawn nude and Noble is a petal pink nude.  While I love both of these shades separately, they are amazing together.  I used them as my go-to lip color all throughout the holiday season, and even in a couple makeup tutorials.  These lipsticks in general are long wearing, glide on smoothly, and remain a beautiful, soft matte on the lips.  I always feel comfortable wearing them to a dinner where I know I will be eating and drinking, because at the end of the night it will still be there.


 After reading a few articles on the fact that most tampons not only contain chlorine bleach, but that companies are not required to tell you what they put in tampons, I knew I had to make a change.  It worries me that I have been using tampons for so many years without a second thought as to what I was actually putting inside my body.  So I went to my local grocery store and found Natracare, which had the only box of 100% cotton organic tampons throughout an entire aisle of feminine hygiene products.  Sad, right?  Women deserve to know more about what they use on their bodies every month.


I'll admit, I was fairly skeptical when I received this product.  I thought there was little chance of it comparing to Clarasonic or doing much to help my face.  But I loved it.  First, I love the size because it is travel friendly.  When I travel I NEED for my face to feel clean and I don't like to change up my face washing routine.  Second, it makes my face feel extra clean, as if it gets deep into pores that regular washing with my hands does not.  For my nightly skincare routine I take off my makeup and then use the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser with my Sonic Cleansing Brush to wash my face.  I then continue moisturizing as normal.  My face feels fresh and clean, exactly what I love!

Let Me Know!

What were some of your favorite beauty, makeup and/or style favorites from last month?
 What do you think is going to be on trend for 2016?


Blogging, Business and Life Goals for 2016
 

Are you an AEB Babe? Sign up for the newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment