October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Riley

November 03, 2015

October Loves and Favorites



I cannot believe another month has gone by and it is already time for my monthly favorites!  I went apple picking, baked apple and pumpkin pies, apple crisp, and drank more Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks that I will admit to.

I discovered and loved each of these products during October.  I found myself seriously changing up my beauty routine and makeup products as the days cooled and my skin became dryer.  Fall and winter are also the months I usually get really into anti-aging/cellulite/wrinkle/everything creams in anticipation of looking fab for next year's warmer weather.

October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth Beauty
NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana

I started using this as my every day highlighting powder when I started to hit pan on my Kat Von D highlighting shades.  The NYX powder isn't as creamy as the Kat Von D and is definitely more sheer, but it sets my concealer beautifully.  I apply this with a setting brush over every place I apply concealer, including under my eyes, my chin, and right above my brows.  I usually apply a little extra and let it sit on my skin while I finish contouring, and then brush off the excess with a fan brush.  The results of this powder are flawless and creaseless and expect your makeup to stay set all day.

October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

NYX Angel Veil Primer

I had been considering purchasing this primer for months, and when I finally did I understood what all the hype is about.  This primer erases every pore on my face and creates a beautiful canvas on which to apply my makeup.  It comes out of the tube white but turns clear when you blend it into the skin.  It leaves a silky soft and smooth finish without leaving your skin and hands feeling oily and greasy. At half the price of my regular high-end primer with the same results, this one is most definitely going to remain a staple in my makeup routine.

October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

Milani Cosmetics Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss

I stopped by the Milani Cosmetics section of my local Walgreens about a week ago and saw that is was stocked with lip glosses in the most beautiful of fall shades.  I only picked up three but I am definitely going back for more.  I grabbed Berry Tempting, a medium berry purple, Bare Secret, a soft tan nude, and Brownberry, a dark sparkling purple.  All three colors are sheer, long lasting, and look stunning on my lips.  They do well by themselves or paired over a lipstick for extra glossiness. 


October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

Mario Badescu Facial Spray

After hearing Carli Bybel rave about this facial spray and keeping in on my Amazon beauty wish list for a couple months, I finally decided to purchase it.  Point blank: it's amazing.  It contains aloe, herbs and rosewater for setting makeup and hydrating your skin and hair.  I have not tried it out of my hair as of yet, but damn does it work great as a facial/makeup setting spray.  It sets my makeup as well as the other high end sprays.  It is light, refreshing, moisturizing, hydrating, and smells amazing.  The scent is fresh and girly, with a just a hint of powder and rose.  At half the price of my favorite Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray, it is a steal.

Oz Naturals Super Youth Eye Gel*

Since my late teens I have been trying every eye gel and cream sold on the market to decrease the appearance of my under eye bags and circles.  Some things have worked, and some things have not; I basically consider myself a product expert when it comes to this area!  I have only been using this eye gel for a couple of weeks to combat the dark circles and puffiness beneath my eyes, and I have already started to see a significant difference.  I've seen a decrease in my dark circles and a significant decrease in puffiness.  

It applies smooth and non greasy and I have been applying this once in the morning and once at night.  Made with plant stem cells, this vegan formula can be used around the eyes, forehead and cheek area, or as an all over the face treatment.  I have not yet used it anywhere else but beneath my eyes, but I am most definitely going to start testing it's anti-aging effects on the center of my brow bone, where an adorable small wrinkle has recently decided to make its presence known.  Time has come to die, little wrinkle.

October Loves and Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

CSCS Advanced Slimming Cream*

I have had a life long struggle with some small cellulite on the back of my thighs.  When I was a teenager dedicated to ballet and the performing arts, taking eight two-hour classes a week of ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, pilates, and modern dance, I still had cellulite.  Even when I was in my early twenties, going to the gym almost daily, eating healthy, and in the best shape of my life, the cellulite still remained.

I was initially nervous to try this product when I received it and read on the back of the bottle that it may cause a 10-15 minute warming sensation.  I tested a small spot on my arm and didn't have any kind of reaction, so I continued and applied it to the back of my thighs.  The warming sensation lasted at least 20 minutes, but wasn't uncomfortable.  I understood what the warming sensation was doing: decreasing water retention and firming my skin.  I have been using this product for about a week and a half and have already noticed a difference.  My cellulite is much less noticeable, which I fully expect to become less and less as I continue to apply the product. Of course, like every cellulite cream I have ever used, after discontinuing you can fully expect those little dimples to become more noticeable.  However, at least for now with this cream, they are on hiatus.


 When one of my friends showed me her "adult" coloring book that she uses for de-stressing, meditation and creativity, I knew I had to get one for myself.

The Time Garden is a beautiful and fanciful coloring book befitting for many ages.  The intricate pen and ink drawings take you on a magical journey through a young girl's dream of detailed night skies, midsummer night trees, clock gears, chocolate factories, fairies and owls.  Each page is filled with fascinating detail and captivating design, able to be customized through each reader's imagination through their own vision of color.

Coloring books are no longer just for children.  More frequently adults have been picking up coloring books as a form of relaxation and meditation.  Gel pens and soft pencils can breathe color into this journey and stimulate creativity.  Each page reveals illustrations that allow for the expansion of the imagination into unique and magical worlds filled with decadent chocolate and fairy tale trees.

Read my full review here.

Let Me Know!

What were some of your most loved products from last month?


 

I love my readers!

Subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin' and I will send you a hand written thank you postcard from Syracuse, NY!

After you have subscribed please email contact@ashleyelizabethbeauty.com a link to your Bloglovin' profile so I can confirm the subscription, plus your first name (last name optional) and the address you would like the post card to go to.

Follow

Brownie points if you also subscribe to my newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment