DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub | Ashley Riley

November 01, 2015

DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub

Not too long ago I started searching for some easy alternatives to beauty products that would also be fun and simple DIY projects.  I have been seeing those coffee-based body scrubs all over social media.  I have tried a few myself and liked them, but then thought: why not just make this myself?  Even better, I would know exactly what ingredients I am putting onto my body.


Easy To Make

This natural coconut coffee body scrub is made with easy to find ingredients that you can pick up during your next trip to the grocery store.  Not only in this body scrub made with natural ingredients (that can also be all Organic if you so chose!) but it is much cheaper and more affordable to make than the pre-made ones you see being promoted all over Twitter and Instagram.

DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body ScrubDIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub

This body scrub includes coconut oil, which is moisturizing and will give you soft, baby smooth skin.

The ingredients of coffee grinds and sugar are natural exfoliants.  The caffeine in the coffee adds the anti-cellulite element to this scrub, which tightens skin, increases blood flow, and allows for the minimization of dimples and shadows.

DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub
DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub
Beautiful Results

I have tried every anti-cellulite cream known to womankind.  This scrub, like every one of those creams and "solutions" on the market, only works if you are consistent with the application of the product.  If you discontinue use expect the cellulite to start becoming more noticeable.

The smell of this body scrub is delectable.  Even if you aren't a coffee drinker, chances are you at least love the smell of coffee.  The addition of coconut adds an overall enlivening aroma that will make you love applying this to your body.

Let's get started!


Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub

Ingredients

 2 cup coffee grinds
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar

Directions

1. The coffee grinds can be used or unused.  I chose unused Dunkin Donuts Original Blend for this scrub.

2. Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds and then allow to cool.

3. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.  The texture will become pasty.  If you do not like the consistency add more of any ingredient until you are satisfied.

4. Apply with your fingers or one of those cute mini spatulas to the desired body areas.  I usually concentrate this around my upper thighs and hips, but this can be used anywhere you desire to see results!  Expect amazingly super soft skin afterwards.

Storage Tips

If you plan on keeping the scrub place it in an air tight container and store in a cool, dry place.  I recommend not keeping for more than one month.

Holiday Gift Idea!

This makes a fun and affordable DIY gift for the holidays!  Grab a cute mason jar, festive ribbon and a holiday gift label from your local craft store, and viola!  You have yourself a DIY gift that everyone is going to love.

DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub

DIY Beauty Series: Natural Coconut Coffee Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub

Let Me Know!

Do you enjoy DIY gifts or do you prefer to purchase fully made products?  What are your favorite body scrubs this season?

 

I love my readers!

Subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin' and I will send you a hand written thank you postcard from Syracuse!  It's highly likely this postcard may include a gold star (for being awesome) or my best attempt at a drawing of my beagle fur baby.

After you have subscribed please comment to this post with a link to your Bloglovin' profile so I can confirm the subscription.  I will then email you to grab your address!

Follow

Sign up for updates when new posts go live!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

1 comment: