Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial | Ashley Riley

November 06, 2015

Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial


It is finally the start (at least in my mind) of the holiday season and with that comes the start of my holiday makeup tutorials!  I have several different tutorials planned, including this holiday vintage glam look.  I can envision myself on a Christmas Eve circa 1945 with my hair tied up in a bun, an apron around my waist, and taking freshly made Italian cookies out of the oven.

Holiday Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial

The Face

Prep, Foundation and Concealer


1. I moisturize my face with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and my under eye area with ELF Eye Illuminating Cream.


2. I prime my skin with NYX Angel Veil and prime my under eye area with ELF Hydrating Under Eye Primer.

3. Using a Beauty Blender, I apply Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 29 to my entire face.

4. To highlight and conceal I use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla in a V-shape beneath my eyes, in the middle of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin, and on my eye lids.

Powder Highlight and Set


1. To set everything I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush and place a mixture of the highlight shades Lucid and Lyric from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette and place a generous amount over the areas that I highlighted with concealer.


2. I also add a generous amount to my jaw directly below my contour line.

3. I allow the extra powder to sit on my skin for a few minutes to "bake" before brushing off with a Morphe Brushes G23 Soft Fan Brush.

Contour 

1. With the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush I take the contour shade Sombre from the Kat Von D palette and contour beneath my cheekbones, underneath my jaw bone, along the hairline on my forehead, down my temples, and alone the parallel sides of the bridge of my nose.

2. After blending I apply the dusty purple/mauve blush color from the Morphe Brush 9B Palette using the blush brush from the BH Cosmetics Party Girl Brush Set.

Highlight


1. Using the same fan brush as earlier, I then apply the first shade of pale white highlighter from the Carli Bybel by BH Cosmetics Palette to the tops of my cheekbones, my forehead just above my brows, and the bridge of my nose.


2. I then go over this again with the Becca and Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.

Brows


1. I shape my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony


2. I fill in my brows with the ABH Brow Powder in Medium Brown.

2. I set my brows into place with the ABH Clear Brow Gel.

Holiday Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial

The Eyes
 
Transition Shade

1. I take the color Deep Skin by Morphe Brushes, a soft gold peach, with a fluffy blending brush into the crease of my eye and start blending upward.  This is going to be our transition shade.

Crease, Lid and Outer Corner


1. I then apply Bridesmaid by Morphe Brushes, a soft muted rosy brown, directly into my crease with a small tapered blending brush using windshield wiper motions.


2. I reapply this color a couple times to build the color, making sure it blends into my transition shade but stays directly within the crease.

3. Using a flat shadow brush I take the the ELF Smudge Pot in Gotta Glow, a pale yellow, and prime my eye for color by pressing it onto the center of my eye lid.

4. I apply the color Half Baked from the Urban Decay Naked2 palette over where I placed Gotta Glow.


5.  Once the color is as vibrant as I want it to be, I then go back in with a blending brush and just make sure the crease and the outer V are evenly blended and there are no harsh lines.

6. I then go back in with Half Baked and add just a touch more color to the center of my lid.

Wing and Liner


1. I take a small angled brush to draw on my eye liner using the NYX Gel Liner in Jet Black.  I get as close to the lash line as possible and press down on the lid to create a black line.  I wing this out when I reach the outer corner of my eye.

2. I take the ColourPop Creme Gel in Dirty Talk and glide it below my bottom lash line using a small eye defining brush, making sure to blend into the outer corner of my eye to keep the entire look rounded.


3. To add some dimension and soften any harshness I go over the bottom of this color with our original transition color.

Mascara and Falsies


1. I apply Urban Decay Perversion mascara to my lashes.


2. For my falsies I choose Ardell Curvey Black #410 lashes and apply them using the Vegas Nay by Eylure Lash Glue.

The Lips


For this look I want a bold red lip that really POPS!  I want it to scream "retro" and nothing does that better than a red lip.

 
1. I line my lips with the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Cruella.


2. I fill in my lips with Rimmel London Show Off Velvet Matte Lip in the color Burning Lava.

3. I set my entire look with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray.

Holiday Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial

Products Used


Interested in MORE Makeup Tutorials?  Check out my YouTube!


    
     style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-2693080298777242"
     data-ad-slot="1579875414">

No comments:

Post a Comment