A Beauty Lover's Comfort Guide To Thanksgiving | Ashley Riley

November 25, 2015

A Beauty Lover's Comfort Guide To Thanksgiving


On this day, one of the busiest travel days of the year, we are going to talk about the one thing that everyone (including you, beauty lovers) want for their holiday: comfort.

I don't know about you, but I have never eaten a Thanksgiving dinner in a dress and heels.  Knowing I will be gorging myself on turkey stuffing the inevitable food coma that will follow, I always opt for some of the most comfortable clothing pieces and makeup products I own.


 
Madewell Aya City Cotton-Jersey Sweatshirt

Soft and stylish, but loose enough to hide my bloated after-dinner food baby.  This charcoal and white cotton-jersey is going to be perfect for when my over-stuffed American arse hits the couch for a nap, but will still look great during dinner.

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

 This foundation is guaranteed to last you throughout Thanksgiving day and well into a night of Black Friday shopping.  This full coverage foundation has long been one of my favorites and keeps my skin smooth and matte.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

  Holidays, as wonderful as they can be, can also be stressful.  I notice my face breaking out in my T-zone even more during the holidays, which is probably due to a combination of poor food choices along with stress.  Use this at least once per week or whenever you want a nice skin refresher.

Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter

 This body butter makes my skin feeling amazingly hydrated and moisturized, and I absolutely love the scent.  I usually keep this body butter handy for special occasions when I want my skin to remain smooth and soft for long periods of time.  While I'm standing out in the freezing cold in a Black Friday line at Target, my skin won't be cracked or dried out by the time I make it inside.

Zella Live-In Slim Fit High Waisted Leggings

  High wasted yoga pants on Thanksgiving.  Need I honestly say more?  I have basically been living in yoga pants for the past year.  Pair this with the cotton-jersey sweatshirt and you can go right from the dinner table to the couch after your Thanksgiving buffet meal.

Beauty Blender

 I cannot live without my Beauty Blender on a daily basis, and Thanksgiving is no exception.  Even when applying a small amount of makeup (which is my usual for Thanksgiving) it will evenly blend and cover your entire face.

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash

So, you've just woken up from your food coma and it's time to get ready for some shopping.  If I have absolutely no time to get ready, I am reaching for this bad girl.  This mascara is lengthening and curling, allowing you to appear wide awake and refreshed (even if that could be further from the truth).

UGG Australia Ansley Knit-Bow Suede Slipper

I don't know about everyone else, but I wear my slippers to the dinner table on Thanksgiving.  Again, the goal here is ultimate comfort.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

While wearing stylish and classic red lipstick is what we would all like to wear on this American holiday, it's not realistic.  I do not need red lipstick smeared across the side of my face while I'm shoveling food down my throat.  This lip cream adds the perfect touch of color while being able to easily remove and reapply after dinner.

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer

Apply this primer before your foundation and you will have no trouble taking your makeup into Black Friday shopping.  It will keep your face smooth, oil-free, and long lasting, so that instead of worrying about your makeup sliding down your face, you can instead worry about those fantastic deals.

 

Are you an AEB Babe? Subscribe to the newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment