Smokey Cranberry Gold Makeup Tutorial | Ashley Riley

November 24, 2015

Smokey Cranberry Gold Makeup Tutorial

This smokey cranberry gold makeup look will inspire you not just for Thanksgiving, but throughout the holiday season.  This warm tone look has just enough shimmer and just enough smokiness that will make getting ready for an early dinner (and the inevitable food coma to follow) something to feel good about.

Need more holiday beauty inspiration?  Check out my Holiday Vintage Glam Makeup Tutorial, which is my favorite go-to holiday makeup look!

My itinerary for this Thanksgiving is going to be quite different.  Brandon and I will be taking his mom down to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC!  Stay on the lookout for a possible future post detailing this amazing experience.

Let's Get Started!


The Face

 Prime, Foundation and Conceal


1. I moisturize my face with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream and my under eye area with Clinique Moisture Surge.

2, I prime my skin with Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer and prime my under eye area with ELF Studio Hydrating Under Eye Primer.

3. Using a Beauty Blender, I apply Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation Light Medium in Sand to my entire face.

4. To highlight and conceal I use Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer in Light Warm in a V-shape beneath my eyes, in the middle of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin, and on my eye lids.

Highlight
, Contour and Blush


1. To set everything I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush and place a mixture of the highlight shades Lucid and Lyric from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette and place a generous amount over the areas that I highlighted with concealer.

2, I also add a generous amount to my jaw directly below my contour line.

3. I allow the extra powder to sit on my skin for a few minutes to "bake" before brushing off with a Morphe Brushes G23 Soft Fan Brush.

4. With the
Real Techniques Sculpting Brush I take the contour shade Sombre from the Kat Von D palette and contour beneath my cheekbones, underneath my jaw bone, along the hairline on my forehead, down my temples, and alone the parallel sides of the bridge of my nose.

5. After blending I apply Sephora Colorful Blush No. 5 Sweet On You using a BH Cosmetics blush brush.

 Highlight and Brows


1. Using the same fan brush as earlier, I then apply Jaclyn Hill and Becca Highlight in Champagne Pop highlight to the tops of my cheekbones, my forehead just above my brows, and the bridge of my nose.

2. I highlight over this with the first highlight color from the Carli Bybel Palette by BH Cosmetics, a shimmery frosted pink.

3. I shape my brows with the
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Ebony.

4. I fill it in with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo Dark Brown.

5. I set it into place with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.

Smokey Cranberry Gold Thanksgiving Inspired Makeup Tutorial : Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

The Eyes


 Primer and Transition Shade

1. I prime my eyes with the Urban Decay 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer Potion Eden

2. I take the shade Peach Smoothie by Makeup Geek, a soft matte peach beige, with a fluffy blending brush into the crease of my eye and start blending upward.  This is going to be our transition shade.

 Lid


1. Staring in my inner corner and using a flat shadow brush I take the shade Pearl by Morphe Brushes, a frosted off white, and press it onto the center of my eye lid. I take this shade about 1/3 of the way across my eye lid.

2. I then go back in with a flat shadow brush and apply the first highlight shade from the Carli Bybel by BH Cosmetics palette over top of Pearl to increase the bright shimmer.

3. Staring in the middle of my eye lid and using a flat shadow brush I take the shade
Marbleized by Morphe Brushes, an intense frosted brown gold with shimmer, and place this on the inner 1/3 of my lid.

4. I carefully make sure that Marbelized is evenly blended into Pearl and creates a nice gradient of color.

5. Staring in my outer corner and using a tapered crease brush, I apply the shade Bitten by Makeup Geek,  a matte deep maroon red, to the outer 1/3 of my lid.

6. I make sure that Bitten is evenly blended into Marbelized to create a nice gradient effect from one shade to the other.

7. I also take Bitten outward slightly to where I will be drawing my wing line, and then very carefully into my crease about 2/3 across my lid.

8. With the tapered pencil brush I take the shade Black from the Lorac Pro Palette and apply a small amount of product to the outer 1/3 of my lash line across the bottom of the shade Bitten and outward to where I will be drawing my wing line.

9. Using small swiping motions I make sure the Black is evenly blended into Bitten to give the gradient effect of the two colors fading into each other.

Wing and Highlight

1. I take a small angled brush to draw on my eye liner using the NYX Gel Liner in Jet Black .  I get as close to the lash line as possible and press down on the lid to create a black line.

2. I wing this out when I reach the outer corner of my eye and continue it until I reach the end of where I have place the black eyeshadow.

3. I then use the shade
Shimma Shimma by Makeup Geek, a metallic champagne, to highlight the inner tear duct with a fluffy blending brush, and a small flat shadow brush to highlight my brow bone just below my eyebrow.

Lower Lash Line, Mascara and Falsies


1. I take the original transition color, Peach Smoothie, and place this along my lower lash line with a slim tapered pencil brush.

2. Over top of this, and as close to the lash line as possible, I take the shade Black again and blend this into Peach Smoothie, ending at about the halfway point of my lower lash line.

3. I take the ColourPop Creme Gel in Get Paid , a metallic rose gold, and place this on my lower lash line from the inner corner to the halfway point, making sure to blend where Get Paid and Black meet.

4. I apply Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash mascara to my upper and lower lashes.


5. For my falsies I choose Ardell Double-Up No. 206 and apply them using the Vegas Nay by Eylure London Lash Glue.


Smokey Cranberry Gold Thanksgiving Inspired Makeup Tutorial : Ashley Elizabeth Beauty

The Lips

For this look I wanted a bold, statement lip, but not one that would overpower the smokey eye.


1. I line and fill in my lip with the Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in Bow 'N Arrow , a fawn nude.

2. I set the entire makeup look with
Mario Badescu Facial Spray.

Let Me Know!


Tell me your plans for Thanksgiving!  Or, if you aren't celebrating Thanksgiving, let me know what you are doing this weekend to kick off the holiday shopping season!



 

Are you an AEB Babe? Subscribe to the newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment