DIY Beauty: Simple Natural Coconut Oil Face Wash | Ashley Riley

November 30, 2015

DIY Beauty: Simple Natural Coconut Oil Face Wash

DIY Beauty: Simple Natural Coconut Oil Face Wash : Ashley Elizabeth Beauty
Featured on BlogHer.com

Coconut Oil has become my new favorite beauty ingredient.  I've been using it in my hair care and skin care routines for its ability to smooth my split ends and soften and moisturize my skin.  This DIY Face Wash receipt is perfect for saving money on those expensive store face washes, or a great alternative to face washes that contain many unnecessary and unnatural ingredients.

I have been using this specific DIY coconut oil face wash for a few weeks and have absolutely seen a difference.  In the morning I wash my face with the Fresh Soy Facial Cleaner, and at night I use this face wash recipe after removing my makeup.

In terms of skin care, coconut oil can turn dry, itchy skin into soft, hydrated skin when it is placed in lotions, creams and soaps.  Coconut oil can strengthen the skin tissue, eliminate dead skin cells, and absorbs quickly into the skin.

 Ingredients 

2 tbsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Coconut Oil

Directions 

Wash your face with water.  Place the 2 tbsp. of baking soda into the palm of your hand.  Add just enough water to turn the baking soda into a thick paste. 

Add the 1/8 tsp. of coconut oil.  Tip: coconut oil will liquify at room temperature. 

Use your hands to massage the paste into your skin for 20-30 seconds and then rinse with cool water. 

Dry your face by dabbing it with a clean hand towel.  You can then continue with your regular skincare regimen of moisturizers and creams.  Make sure to at least apply a gentle moisturize to close pores.

Let Me Know!

What are your favorite go-to natural beauty ingredients?
 
 

1 comment: