Smokey Emerald Green Makeup Tutorial | Ashley Riley

September 22, 2015

Smokey Emerald Green Makeup Tutorial


There is something beautiful about cool tones in the fall.  Perhaps it is how it perfectly matches weather and mood, or goes well with the darker and more muted fall colors we tend to wear.  Emerald or dark green is a great way to add some pop of color to your makeup without it looking too bright and reminiscent of summer.

This eye look is versatile and  can be worn dressed up or dressed down.  Pair it with a dark winter dress, black tights and heels, or a chunky lose sweater, dark jeans, and heeled booties.  Grab a glass of sweet red wine or a Pumpkin Spice Latte and you are good to go.



How To Get This Look

Using the Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette by Morphe Brushes I use color ES13, which is a light brown, with a blending brush in the crease of my eye and blending upward.  This is going to be our transition shade.

 I then apply color ES61, which is a cool taupe, directly into my crease using windshield wiper motions.  I reapply this color a couple times to build the color, making sure it blends into my transition shade but stays directly within the crease.

There is no very dark brown/black shade within Jaclyn's palette, so I will be using the Lorac Pro Palette in the color Espresso to define my outer corner.  I apply this directly to the outer third of my eye lid in the shape of a sideways "<" to smoke out the look. While I make sure to concentrate the color only to this area, I take it up into my crease and down into my lower lash line ever so slightly so as to enhance the smoky effect.  

Using a flat shadow brush I take the last color from Jaclyn's palette, a shimmer emerald green, and press it onto the center of my eye lid.  Once the color is as vibrant as I want it to be, I then go back in with a blending brush and just make sure the crease and the outer V are evenly blended into the green and there are no harsh lines.  I then go back in to the green and add just a touch more color to the center of my lid.

Using the Lorac palette again, I take a small angled brush to draw on my eye liner using the shade black.  I get as close to the lash line as possible and press down on the lid to create a black line.  I wing this out just a little when I reach the outer corner of my eye.



I then use color ES54 from the Jaclyn Hill palette, a pale gold shimmer, to highlight the inner tear duct with a fluffy blending brush, and a small flat shadow brush to highlight my brow bone just below my eyebrow.

Finally, I take the Espresso color again from the Lorac palette and glide it below my bottom lash line, making sure to blend into the outer corner of my eye to give the entire look a rounded out smokey eye.

To compliment this bold eye look I decide on a nude lip.  I outline the lip with the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Pink, fill in with the Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in First Class Nude. 



Products Mentioned 

Morphe Brushes (the Jaclyn Hill palette isn't available but Morphe has individual eye shadow pans)

1 comment:

  1. Your makeup looks lovely! Loved this post, just found your blog!!! :)

    Lee | thatbellemakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete