My Top 15 Favorite Fall Nail Polish | Ashley Riley

September 15, 2015

My Top 15 Favorite Fall Nail Polish


Autumn is my favorite season so it comes as no surprise that I have many fall-inspired nail polish colors to choose from in my collection.  Fall colors, while not as bright and spectacular as their summer counterparts, still remain my favorite makeup colors to work with.  Their deep, dark and vampy shades call my name every year as the weather turns cold.

The change in seasons often means concurrent changes in daily routine, clothing choices, and beauty preferences.  New and beautiful nail polishes are not only an easy accessory to add to any outfit, but they can also be a great mood booster for those dreary and cold fall days.  There is nothing I love more than sitting on my couch on a chilly Sunday morning with a cozy blanket while watching a movie, sipping on a hot Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (venti, non-fat, no whip), and painting my nails.  

Pampering yourself in general is an instant mood booster, even if it only entails taking twenty minutes to yourself a couple times a week to paint and polish your nails.  Even in the winter months I make an attempt to keep up on my toe nail polish as often as my regular nails.  Although my toes are covered in thick, warm socks for months on end, it feels great to look down and see something pretty, even if it's only while in the shower!  In a way it is like wearing lingerie beneath your clothes; not to impress anyone, but as a way to feel amazing and confident about yourself.

I realized when preparing my nail polishes for this post that I have virtually no brown nail polishes.  Blasphemy, I tell you, since I have at least 300 purchased polishes at my disposal.  This calls for a trip to Ulta, but not before a stop at Starbucks for a Venti PSL.

Greys


Reds 


Blues


Greens

 

Purples

No comments:

Post a Comment