Fall Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth | Ashley Riley

September 27, 2015

Fall Favorites | Ashley Elizabeth


Favorite Nail Color
Hands down my favorite Fall nail polish color for the past two years has been Midnight in Moscow by OPI.  This color is classically Fall with its dark purple high notes and deep brown undertones.  Guaranteed to go well with any piece of autumn clothing, whether dressed up in heels and black tights or dressed down in leggings and a chunky sweater.

Favorite Book
When it comes to books I love to read in the Fall, anything that keeps me intrigued as I snuggle into the covers on a cold night will be on my list.  My favorite at the moment is Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  You may have seen the movie under the same title featuring Reece Witherspoon, but don't skip out on the book by thinking that you know the whole story.  Based on the author's journey to find herself after a divorce it follows her as she treks the Pacific Crest Trail.

Favorite Candle
Our house is not a home on a cold night without a candle burning.  Even during the warmer months of the year I gravitate towards woodsy/foresty/firey scents.  Basically I'm down for anything that smells straight like an Fall walk outdoors, which is why my favorite candle is Autumn Leaves by Yankee Candle.  You can find a lot of different variations of this scent at department stores that are much cheaper than buying from Yankee Candle, but the smell is basically the same.  Autumn Leaves is fresh and woodsy, with the smell of birch and maple leaves, and delicate undertones of autumn fruits and berries.

Favorite Drink
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Iced or hot, I'm not picky.  Basically anything that comes in pumpkin flavor I'm game to try.  Done and done.

Favorite Halloween Costume
When I was a little girl I was OBSESSED with Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  Although you can't see it in the picture I also had matching long gold gloves and gold slipper heels.  Living in Central New York resulted in very cold Halloweens, hence the long shirt under my ball gown.  I remember very clearly we even had snow on the ground one Halloween.  However, there was no way that was going to halt this girl from trick-or-treating, and I tracked through our neighborhood in heavy snow boots and a thick snow coat with costume snugly underneath.



Favorite Fall Movie
Even this early in the year I get excited for the Christmahanakwanzika season.  Holiday movies are a MUST and I have plenty to go around.  It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite holiday movie, if not one of my favorite movies ever.  I feel very nostalgic at this special time of year, and this classic plays right into my yearning for vintage wistfulness.

Favorite Fall TV Show
The Vampire Diaries has been one of my favorite Fall shows for a few years now.  I have always had a hard time sticking in to the weekly television show and often find myself waiting for all the episodes I never got to watch to come out on Netflix.  I have every season of the Vampire Diaries on DVD, too.  Don't judge.

Favorite Thanksgiving Food
My dad makes a savory Sweet Potato Pie with a brown sugar and sweet pecan topping that I always overdo it on every Thanksgiving.  I stuff myself with it like it's going out of style and then hate myself for not leaving room in my food baby stomach for anything else.  However, a runner up for me is my Nana's Stuffed Artichokes.  All of my Italian American readers will understand this one.

Favorite Clothing Item
I love Fall jackets but hate huge and bulky winter coats.  I try to stick to lightweight jackets and trench coats for as long as humanly possible.  Even as snow starts to fall on the ground I always reach for one of my favorites: my black with pink trim North Face Denali.  So basic, right?  It keeps me warm and is great for a casual throw-on as I'm rushing out the door.

Let Me Know!

What have been some of your fall favorites?  Let me know in the comments below so I can check them out! 



3 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Sweet potatoes is one of my favourite veggies out there!!!

    www.kotrynabass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, you look ADORABLE in that Belle costume! I love Halloween myself, but here in the Northeast it seems way too cold for some of the costumes that I have planned :(

    Beauty V. Brains | fashion and beauty for smart girls who like stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post! I looove Fall and I really love anything made with sweet potatoes :D

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughtsv

    ReplyDelete