7 Must-Have ELF Beauty Products | Ashley Riley

February 02, 2016

7 Must-Have ELF Beauty Products

7 Must-Have ELF Beauty Products

ELF was one of the very first drugstore brands I became obsessed with when I first started getting involved in beauty and makeup.  It's high quality and affordable products are only getting better with the launch of every new collection.  Their range of products have grown from simple brushes and lip glosses to full palettes and an entire skin care line.  Below are just several favorites that have truly made an impression of my makeup routine.

icon icon

This blush palette comes into Light and Dark, each one containing four gorgeous and highly pigmented blush shades.  The Dark palette shades are perfect for contouring and sculpting, while the Light palette shades are perfect for everyday and just a touch of color on the cheeks.  Each quad has both matte and shimmer shades that are creamy in texture and very blendable.  These are always the blush palettes I reach for most because of their versatility and quality color payoff.

icon
icon
ELF Illuminating Palette

ELF's Illuminating Palette is perfect for the person still new to the highlight and strobing part of the beauty game.  Each shade of highlight will give you a subtle glow, as opposed to a heavy sheen, making it perfect for those who want a nice shine but not dewy looking skin.  These are easy to apply and very blendable for creating much more natural looks.  A perfect compliment to a "no makeup" makeup look, this palette's shades are not overly pigmented or shimmery.

icon
icon
ELF Cream Eyeliners

The ELF black eyeliner has been my go-to cream eyeliner for quite some time now.  Using an angled liner brush, the soft and creamy texture of this eyeliner will create perfectly smudge-proof and defined cat eyes.  The creamier the eyeliner, the easier it is to apply, and this one by ELF does not disappoint in terms of quality and consistency.  This eyeliner comes in the shades Black, Coffee, Copper, Midnight, Plum Purple, Punk Purple, and Teal Tease.  I recently used the Teal Tease shade as part of our 2015 80's-themes Holiday card.

icon
icon
 ELF High Definition Under Eye Setting Powder

ELF's under eye setting powder has been a saving grace for my under eye makeup.  No matter how well I set my concealer I always have an issue with creasing and cracking.  Until I found this bad boy.  I apply this with a setting brush immediately after applying concealer directly beneath my lower lash line, where I tend to get the most noticeable creasing, and then proceed to highlight the rest of the concealed area with a different setting power.  This lightweight and velvety soft powder helps to correct and conceal my dark circles and lines without giving me "ghost face."

icon
icon
ELF Clay Eyeshadow Palettes

I was dying to try out ELF's new clay eyeshadow palettes when I first saw it announced on Instagram, and my initial excitement only increased when I actually got to try the palettes.  The clay eyeshadow palettes come in four different sets: Necessary Nude, Saturday Sunsets, Seaside Sweetie, and Smoked to Perfection.  Each palette contains a beautiful array of five colors, from nudes, cool tones, warm tones, and smoky shades.  The texture is silky and soft, not chalky and dry, and are perfectly pigmented where they can be worn lightly and built up for more intensity.

icon
icon
ELF 11 Piece Brush Collection

ELF's collection of makeup brushes are some of the best you will find in the drugstore.  While I am not a fan of their white brushes, I have been in love with their black brushes and the flawless way they apply makeup.  Purchasing the entire brush collection is a great starter set for any beauty beginner, but even after you move on to higher-end brushes you will still find yourself reaching for these.  These high quality brushes are also attainable at a very reasonable price point, excellent for daily use, and will last for years.

icon
icon
ELF Hydrating Under Eye Primer

Even if I am applying a full face of high-end makeup, one of the first things I always do is prime my under eyes with ELF's hydrating primer.  It is a salmon color to aid in masking dark under eye circles, fills in fine lines, and diminishes the appearance of puffiness and wrinkles by hydrating the skin.  Just a small pump of the serum is enough to cover beneath both eyes and prime them for smooth, flawless makeup coverage.

ELF is a great brand that puts out high quality products at affordable prices.  It is perfect for both the novice who is just starting to become interested in makeup, to the full fledged obsessed.


I Want To Know...

What are your most loved ELF products?

Blogging, Business and Life Goals for 2016
 

Are you an AEB Babe? Sign up for the newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment