November Loves and Favorites | Ashley Riley

December 03, 2015

November Loves and Favorites


November Loves and Favorites

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup

Starbucks: your winter specialty drinks have stolen my heart once again.  The Skinny Peppermint Mocha is my absolute favorite, but I have been changing it up every now and then with the Holiday Spice Flat White.  The Peppermint Mocha is perfect for when I am craving something super sweet and chocolate, and the Flat White for when I am in need of something soothing.  The Holiday Spice Flat White is basically Christmas in a cup.  I have yet to try the Gingerbread or Chestnut Praline, but it is only a matter of time.
icon icon

When I received an email a few weeks ago that BH Cosmetics had just released these, I knew I had to try them.  I purchased Muse, a nude pink grey-beige, and Endora, a bright pink.  The formula isn't over-drying on my lips, but I always make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before applying any kind of liquid lipstick.  The texture is similar to Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick and the colors are similar to Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick.  I plan on ordering many more when colors come back in stock.


You may be thinking: what the hell is a humidifier doing on a beauty favorites list?  I have been waking up every morning this fall and winter struggling to breathe through a stuffy nose, and when my nose is stuffy is stays that way all day long, which means I am constantly using tissues and ruining my makeup.  No bueno.  At first I was stunned by the size of this particular humidifier, as don't have a lot of space to work with at the moment.  But the performance and efficiency of this humidifier quickly outweighed this slight inconvenience.  I actually like the size of it now because it holds a lot of water and I do not have to worry about refilling it for a few days at a time.  My bedroom air is more comfortable at night, allowing me to breathe easier, and the makeup I put on my nose in the morning will continue to stay on my face **double thumbs up.***

 


The sequel to The Time Garden, a beautifully designed magical story and adult coloring book, The Time Chamber is another outstanding work of ink art by Daria Song. 

The red haired fairy returns again in this book, but this time it is the fairy that is visiting the little girl's land.  Feeling restless, the fairy desires to explore outside her beautiful time garden inside the clock.  The fairy packs beautiful treasures to bring the little girl each time she visits her.  As she explores, the entire world feels enormous in size to the tiny fair, and everything is new and beautiful.

The designs that fill this book illustrate the magical and charming objects the tiny fairy finds so beautiful: tea kettles, dining ware, silver ware, powder boxes, spools of yarn, and more.  The intricate details featured on each page will leave you mesmerized and captivated with the story and it's beauty.


My brows have consistently remained sparse, thin, and difficult to grow for years now.  A constant reminder of the over-plucking and torture I put them through during middle school and high school.  I was really excited to try out this eyebrow growth serum when Luxe Beauty sent it to me for review because I have never used any type of hair growth serum before (although I have always wanted to try an eyelash serum).  I apply this to my brows every morning before makeup and again every night after I remove my makeup.  After a few weeks I actually have seen a great difference in the growth of my eyebrows.  While they haven't grown in any thicker, they are actually growing, which is an awesome improvement!

 


This book illustrates in beautiful detail a "fashion-forward parody" from cover to cover.  Cleverly designed and gorgeously illustrated, the artwork brings to life some of the best known names in the fashion industry.  We follow quirky and interesting characters around the world, to cities like Dubai and New York, and to fashion week in all of the most fabulous locales.

In your search for Karl you will also find a sea of different celebrity, lifestyle and fashion personalities.  Despite the book's title and main character (Karl), the real hilarity lies within the overall portrayal of the fashion industry.  You see Grace Coddington, Naiomi Campbell, Giselle Bunchen, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Anna Wintour, Alexa Chung, Bill Cunningham; the character legend is intense and wonderfully amusing.

This book makes an excellent gift to any style lover in your life or a great addition to your coffee table books.  A must buy for anyone who follows the fashion industry.
 


I had been debating about getting one of these electric pedi devices for months (because what woman doesn't need smoother feet?) when I was sent this from Care Me to review.  This thing works miracles on my feet, no lie.  The pumice roller is gentle but powerful, and much more effective than the Ped Egg that I have been using for years.  I like the fact that is is not battery powered and actually comes with a charger.  You can detach the roller head and hand wash it to clean.  Honestly, I've never seen or felt my feet so smooth and soft before.  This will definitely save me some money from getting pedicures at the spa.

 

Are you an AEB Babe? Subscribe to the newsletter!
Enter your e-mail address:

Powered by FeedPress

No comments:

Post a Comment